Position Title: CNC Operator
Wage: $15.75-$17.00 per hour
Shift: 1st, 2nd
Hours: 5:00am-3:00pm; 3:30pm-2:00am (Mon-Thurs, overtime on Fri)
Do you have CNC experience, willingness to learn, can lift up to 50 pounds, and are able to follow directions? Do you enjoy your weekends and want to make them even longer? QPS may have the perfect job for you! We have openings for both first and second shifts at a client company in Fond du Lac with pay between $15.75-$17/hr! Apply today, or contact or 920-933-5300 for more information.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, setup sheets and QA sheets.
- Mounts, aligns and secures tooling, attachments and work piece on machine.
- Calls up program to run the parts as specified, from a program that is already entered in the memory.
- Uses statistical process controls to ensure quality production.
- Adjusts setup and tooling as needed, along with making adjustments to programs to produce an acceptable product.
- Sets up automated CNC Benders (robotic load) loading parts and monitoring product as the operator completes other jobs or tasks. Often running as many as three or four automated machines.
- Trains and monitors other operators assigned to load and run the CNC benders, performing quality checks and making any adjustments needed to stay within specification.
- Participate in testing and requesting new tooling using the appropriate forms.
- Understanding of CNC machines to include the basic functions of the machine that the computer controls.
- Ability to load programs for CNC Benders and robots. Ability to use standard templates to program robot for parts being run for the first time in the robotic load CNC bender.
- Reading blueprints to include the dimensions that requiring checking and ability to translate the blueprint to the part being produced.
- High school diploma, plus previous experience setting up and operating CNC type machines required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Weekly pay.
- 3 day weekend.
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with nearly 50 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process