Chemical Process Engineer
The Chemical Process Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. The Process Engineer performs engineering design and analysis on complex or unique problems and coaches/develops less experienced engineers, designers, and drafters. The Process Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by participating in technical seminars/courses. Responsibilities include the conceptual, basic process design of unit operations and preparation of process engineering deliverables such as process flow diagrams, heat and material balances, P&ID’s, specifications for equipment and instrumentation systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for more complex projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering required
- PE license, preferred
- 2+ years of refining and/or petrochemical experience performing basic engineering analysis and design functions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Process flow drawing (PFD) development experience preferred
- Experience in the design of Process equipment (vessels, pumps, exchangers, fired heaters, compressors) specifications
- Ability to perform heat exchanger design calculation
- Process steady state modeling experience (HYSYS, AspenPlus, etc.)
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel to client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.