Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services (GCB) is a comprehensive integrated behavioral health care organization serving adults and children throughout Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky. GCB is on the cutting edge of advances in treatment of mental illness and has won national recognition for the implementation of evidence-based services.
Our services include Care Management, Psychiatry, Primary Care, Substance Abuse Treatment, Counseling, Vocational Training, and Housing. Seeking Ohio Board Certified MDs, Psychiatrists and dually Boarded.
GCB offers a wealth of onsite support and collaboration in a multidisciplinary team environment. We offer a great opportunity to make a significant difference in people’s lives while working in a flexible and caring work environment. Full-time and Part-time positions available working 2 days at our Amelia office and 3 days working at our Madison Rd. location . Positions are daytime hours Monday - Friday (No Weekends or Nights).
With the approval of the Chief Medical Officer this position may:
- Provides psychiatric evaluation and ongoing psychiatric care of GCB clients by performing mental status examination, diagnostic assessments, supportive therapy, and pharmacological management.
- Implements treatment plans that have been reviewed and approved by supervising physician.
- Monitors effectiveness of therapeutic interventions.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation of assessment and care provided to GCB clients.
- Works collaboratively with GCB psychiatrists, nurses and staff, and other outside care givers.
- Initiates doctor’s orders and other requests, and interprets laboratory evaluations.
- Makes referrals when indicated for medical or other needed services.
- Completes external reports (probate, disability) as needed.
- Prescribe medication with guidance of supervising physician. Manages prescriptions, administration of medications, and education for GCB clients. Provides patient/family counseling and education.
- Collaborates with family and significant others when applicable.
- Testifies in court regarding GCB clients if necessary.
- Provides coverage for any GCB client as needed if primary psychiatrists are off site.
- Is available to staff for emergency consultation as needed.
- Participates in research activities.
- Participates in peer review, incident review, and utilization review activities.
- Provides staff training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Ohio Nursing and Advanced Nurse Practitioner License required.
- Experience with psychiatric care required.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and time management, skills.
- Position may require use of personal cell phone.
Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services (GCB) has been named a Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky for the 9th straight year! Please visit our website www.gcbhs.com.
EEO Employer F/M/Disabled/Vets