The role of Press Brake Operator is to set up and operate CNC controlled press brake to fabricate parts according to specifications in an efficient and timely manner. This person will perform other production tasks and assist in achieving priorities of safety, quality, schedule and cost.
The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet's principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated established knowledge and skill in performing set-ups and operating machines.
- Specialized understanding and skill requires performing more complex machine set-up and adjustments.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verify that parts are properly loaded and that surfaces are properly prepared for fabricating.
- Confirm machine settings, tooling and/or fixtures are appropriate to the part being run.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and a variety of other production tasks.
- May perform simple, repetitive manual and automated finishing operations.
- May perform hand deburring, grinding, assembly, and welding operations on uncomplicated products.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- High School Diploma and one year certificate from college or technical school or will consider combined education and experience
- 3 to 4 years of appropriate previous CNC fabricating machining experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year Certification from technical or college in related field a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
- Read blue prints, schematics a plus
- Be able to use hand tools
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected Veterans/ Disabilities/ Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.