REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science with minimum of 7 years of overall process control engineering experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working on complex batch process control projects including implementation in a DCS or PLC in the Life Sciences industry. Experience must include leading a large automation project, working with customers to create functional requirements, designing control strategies and providing startup support at site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels of the organization.
- Experience working on projects requiring FDA validation.
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (one to two weeks) project meetings, training and other business events.
- Ability to travel for temporary assignments (domestic and international) away from the Emerson home office (e.g. customer project sites.) Typical travel assignments range from two to six months at a time or 25% to 50% of total time per year.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Design and implementation experience using the DeltaV process control system on Life Sciences projects. Experience in the Life Sciences Industry.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our and about .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don't settle for good enough or "This is the way it's always been done." Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the "never been done before."
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.