Barnard Construction Company, Inc., based in Bozeman, Montana, is looking for professionals to join our Chimney Hollow Reservoir project which is starting in Aug. 2021. We are a heavy-civil construction company with projects underway across North America. Barnard is ranked by Engineering News-Record, a leading construction industry periodical, as one of the nation's Top 400 civil contractors. We specialize in dam construction and rehabilitation, power transmission and distribution, tunneling, inland marine, oil, gas, utility, and sewer and water pipeline projects. We offer competitive wages, 401(k)s, a generous health plan, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. Barnard's people are the reason for the success of the company. Our reputation attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At Barnard, we build the riskiest, most difficult, complex jobs we can find and we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Must possess competence in the following areas in order to perform his/her role in a safe, productive and effective manner:
Ability to safely and effectively operate a 40 ton articulating trucks and/or 100 ton rigid frame trucks.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years' experience.
- Operate equipment in an efficient manner and follow instruction of on site management.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, or damage to the vehicle.
- Responsible for daily inspections of truck to ensure the truck is in proper and safe working order.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if truck needs to be repaired.
- Understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb or crawl.
- Ability to correctly rig and hoist material.
- Ability to tolerate heights without fear.
- Ability to maintain balance.
- Able to enter the cab of a vehicle or piece of equipment that is 3 feet or more off the ground.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, reach for, handle, and manipulate items and to work in extreme weather conditions (cold and wet).
- Able to work long, irregular and varied hours, 50 to 70 hours per week.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to safely and effectively perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal , state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled, E-Verify Employer