The Safety Continuous Improvement Specialist works within the Business Unit to support operations in safety, quality, 5S, production standards and expectations. This individual will also assist in problem solving, data analysis, training, and meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
This position will report to the Safety Manager.
- Interacts with multiple layers of management in identification and resolution of any issues that may arrive
- Possess the ability to train and educate both new & current employees in the classroom as well as on the shop floor
- Candidate must have good attendance and be flexible on hours at determined times
- Demonstrate the 6 for Success; trustworthy, commitment to your team, listen to understand, serve your customer, prepare and plan, and deliver a result
- Exhibit the 4 Basics; Safe and Clean Workplace, Quality at or above expectations, complete on time delivery, Fashionable products and fair price
- Have a strong knowledge of the process flow of the department as well as a basic knowledge of the departments up and down the value stream
- Must be able to asses a problem and prioritize responsibilities
- Participate and Lead problem solving events such as Kaizen, pFEMA, TPM events, etc.
- Leadership skills
- Build a relationship with the resources needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Problem solving
- Self driven and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Works well both as a team and as an individual
- Time management, complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal direction
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- MPS tools, time observations, 5Y, process mapping, TPM cards, SOS sheets, JHA, Visual Controls, and other shop floor controls etc.
- May be required to operate powered equipment safely (V-saw, band saw, drill, forklift, wave, etc.)
- Employee is required to wear any applicable personal protective equipment
- High school or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.