Facilities Operator - Gigafactory Nevada
A Tesla Gigafactory facilities operator has the responsibility to monitor and operate critical facilities equipment to ensure uninterrupted production. The operator is also responsible for ensuring all facilities equipment is operating in the most efficient manner possible to ensure that Tesla facilities meet aggressive safety, efficiency and sustainability standards that exceed industry standards.
As a Tesla Gigafactory 1 operator, you will have the opportunity to operate and develop one of the largest and most sophisticated operating manufacturing facilities in the world. You will have the opportunity to assist in driving towards world-class energy efficiency and minimize environmental impact through smart, ingenious operational philosophies and unprecedented operational flexibility. Tesla operators will work closely with system experts to continuously develop and improve state-of-the-art systems that will help accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
* Operate and monitor the operation of all HVAC equipment
* Operate and monitor hydronic systems to include chilled, heating and heat recovery water systems.
* Operate and monitor compressed air, medium voltage electrical distribution, chemical refining, chemical delivery and chemical recovery systems.
* Start and stop equipment as well as maintain facility operation through control software.
* Provide support for new equipment installation, startup, commissioning, and sustaining operations.
* Perform routine operator rounds of equipment and systems
* Troubleshoot operational parameters that fall outside of normal operating parameters
* Champion and observe all safety policies during the execution of required tasks.
* Utilize control systems to monitor equipment within the factory and verify recent trends.
* Improve the reliability of equipment and systems through collaboration with teammates and facilities engineers
* Work from schematics, piping and instrument diagrams, layouts, plans, and written/verbal instructions.
* Required to work with and around hazardous areas and hazardous chemicals and materials.
* Implement and sustain standard organizational practices and adhere to 5S practices
* Must have understanding of basic mechanical and electrical system operations.
* Experience with chemical handling and electrical distribution is desired
* Must demonstrate reliability, initiative, and desire to learn.
* Must be adaptable in work schedule (including compressed work week and night shift) and working in a high-pace environment
* Effective verbal and written communications skills along with strong attention to detail, flexibility, and prioritization
* Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
* Multitasks and adapts to constant change
* Able to use Microsoft Office software
* Able to wear all required PPE associated with required tasks
* Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 10+ hours per day, wear air purifying respirator as needed for specific tasks, Lift at least 10 -20 lbs on a regular basis, perform repetitive hand and wrist motions and sometimes may have to twist and bend body, Ability to climb ladders/stairs, Work in loud environment. Must be able to discern audible alarms.
* 2 years of college/technical school or equivalent work experience.
* Applicable documented Training and/or Certifications a plus.