Founded in 1984, Firetrol is the national leader in fire protection & life safety services. We are currently seeking a Sprinkler Fitter Helper/Apprentice to join our team in a great work environment with Fire Protection professionals in the industry. This position is based in our Salt Lake City, UT location and available for immediate hire.
- Assist with the installation of fire sprinkler systems under direct supervision of a responsible Lead Technician.
- Assist Technician to cut, thread, and groove pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws and pipe threading machines.
- Frequently conduct work at height from a ladder or lift.
- Job requires continuous standing, walking and climbing, often while carrying construction equipment and materials in excess of 50lbs.
- Job regularly requires lifting materials and equipment weighing in excess of 50lbs overhead to assist with installation of sprinkler pipe and other related systems.
- Interact with customers, contractors, vendors and other employees in a respectful, professional manner.
- Knowledge and observance of OSHA safety standards required.
- Some overtime, nights, weekends and on-call hours may be required.
- Okay with Short term or Long term employment.
- Full or Part time available.
- Work experience, training or education in the installation of fire sprinkler systems and related equipment is a plus, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Able to work in a variety of businesses and institutions including commercial, manufacturing, healthcare, education and government facilities.
- Must be able to satisfy State, Federal and Customs background check requirements.
Outstanding Wages, Benefits and Career Growth
Firetrol offers competitive wages and top-of-the-line benefits that include health, dental vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting. Additionally, Firetrol sponsors training and education opportunities. Most importantly, Firetrol offers career progression and growth opportunities, not just a job.
**Firetrol Protection Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.