Sprague Pest Solutions is seeking a Regional Entomologist who is passionate and dedicated to the Pest Management industry. As a Regional Entomologist you will work closely with branches in your region; work with operations and sales assisting with sensitive clients to create specific pest solutions; provide training and development expertise to the region. A Regional Entomologist will be based at one of our branches and expected to travel often to branches in the region to support training of co-workers and clients.
Why work for Sprague? Sprague Pest Solutions is the west coast's leading commercial pest control company. With over 90 years of success that originated in the Puget Sound, this role is backed by a strong, highly regarded brand, and a team of pest control experts known for their world-class customer service, and results-driven customer solutions.
Working for Sprague mean passionately delivering uncompromising service. We focus on commitment to our clients and ourselves; Consistency, accountability, respect, and teamwork among co-workers, our clients, and the community; and environment responsibility in our approach to pest prevention. You can read more about our values or the history of Sprague on our webpage: .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate with a "one company\" mindset and interact effectively with coworkers across the organization to achieve results.
- Promote safety in the workplace, cultivate an atmosphere of "safety first" through-out the region
- Support Regional and Branch Managers in meeting their annual business plan objectives
- Ensures that the organization conforms to company standards and legal requirements.
- Contributes to a favorable public image of Sprague by establishing and maintaining relationships and participation in Pest Management associations
- Partner with operations to provide solutions for clients' pest prevention and training needs.
- Conducts inspections at client premises and support the creation of sales proposals
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and networking
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Responds promptly to inquiries from prospective customers.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Coordinate the delivery of training programs as well as conduct training.
- Develop and implement qualified training programs to submit to individual states in order to obtain continuing educational credits for those who go through the training program.
- Partner with others to identify training needs and develop plans to address needs; evaluate the effectiveness of training through classroom and field work.
- Utilize appropriate evaluation methods to measure performance and competency. Monitor and report the effectiveness of training
- Develop Learning Management System courses
- Facilitate innovation within pest control through working with universities and manufacturers to develop new strategies and programs.
- Regularly review new industry scientific releases and explain rules, policies and regulations and translate this into current practices for Sprague.
- Work with Sales Representatives to help sell pest control services and products.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Technical Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2 to 5 years experience working in pest management or related.
- Four-year college degree in Entomology or related field-Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of Associate Certified Entomologist (ACE) Accreditation
- Board Certified Entomologist (BCE) Certification preferred.
- Pest Control license for all state(s) in the Region.
- Technical training experience in pest management
- Experience with a variety of technology such as MS Office and a Learning Management System (LMS).
40% to 50% away from Base Location.
Based out of either
(UT) Salt Lake City
$60k + DOE Salary
Paid Time Off, Vacation, and Holidays
Superb leave and time off policy.
Medical, Vision, Dental, FSA / HSA options, Life and Disability insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
4.5% matching if you contribute 6%.
100% matching up to 3% then 50% matching up to 6%.
Sprague Pest Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity through a culture of inclusion and opportunity. We actively seek transitioning military personnel and veterans. We are a drug and smoke-free environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory motor vehicle record check that is checked annually. Sprague Pest Solutions is an Equal Opportunity employer and promotes diversity through a culture of inclusion and opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are a drug and smoke-free environment.