Join our mission to help individuals with mental illness and addictions to lead healthy and productive lives. Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services (GCBHS) has an immediate opening for a Peer Specialist. This is a part-time position providing support services to PATH team and peer outreach services to individuals experiencing homelessness in Hamilton County.
Why Work at GCBHS?
- GCBHS is a pioneer in the field of behavioral health treatment for adults, children, and families
- Top Workplace every year since 2010
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Flexible work schedules
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Assistance at $1,250 for BSW
- 403(b) Retirement with Match
- Bonus opportunities
- Room for advancement
- Conducts satisfaction surveys including Ohio Outcomes surveys.
- Maintains outreach log. Follows-up with former PATH clients to confirm maintenance of housing and mental health services and to identify clients who need re-engagement.
- Assists with client engagement and outreach, including in person visits and calls to last known contacts.
- Provides on-site assistance with service delivery and coordination.
- Provides peer support services to PATH clients as needed
- High school graduate or GED.
- Individual must be a mental health consumer and/or have previous experience with homelessness or substance use disorder issues.
- Knowledge of substance use disorder system, mental health system, and homeless community-based services strongly desired.
- Individual must have demonstrated ability to respectfully motivate other consumers to act on their own behalf and to participate in activities.
- Position requires frequent driving of the employee's personal vehicle.
- Valid driver's license, vehicle, and insurable driving record are required.
GCBHS has been named a Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky since 2010!