Join our mission to help individuals with mental illness and addictions to lead healthy and productive lives. GCBHS has an immediate opening for a certified Medical Assistant at our Integrated Health Clinic in Amelia, Ohio and our Cincinnati, OH location serving adults who are experiencing mental health and substance use disorder.
We are now offering a new $2000 Sign On Bonus for Certified Medical Assistants.
Why Work at GCBHS?
Responsibilities of Medical Assistant:
- GCBHS is a pioneer in the field of behavioral health treatment for adults, children, and families
- Top Workplace every year since 2010
- Sign on Bonus ($2000)
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 403(b) Retirement with Match
- Annual Bonus - $1,200
- Tuition Assistance
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness
Requirements of Medical Assistant:
- Provide supportive services for the medical providers, behavioral health clients, and primary care clients.
- Greet and escort clients to exam rooms to ensure proper flow of clinic.
- Perform medical assistant duties under the direction of the prescriber. These duties include but are not limited to: vital signs, point of care labs/test, and vaccinations.
- Document all information in the electronic health records (EHR).
- Provide feedback to patients as directed by the prescriber and/or nursing staff via face to face or telephone.
- Coordinate client information with the appropriate behavioral health provider and/or specialty care offices.
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is available to the providers prior to the client's appointment.
- Assist in stocking exam rooms and provide a safe, clean environment of care.
- Reports data collected to prescriber and/or nursing staff.
- May take telephone messages when needed
- May maintain logs and required checks (ie. refrigerator temperature logs, sample medication logs).
- Current MA certification (CMA) and/or graduate of an accredited associate degree program.
- Experience working in behavioral health and primary care preferred.
- This position will work Monday-Friday during regular business hours but may require some evening and weekend shifts.
GCBHS has been named a Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky since 2010! Please visit our website to learn more about GCBHS.