Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Quality Lead to join the Climate, Energy & Environmental Division's onsite laboratory in Luckey, Ohio, supporting the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP)project
The quality lead laboratory position will oversee the laboratory's quality system program and prepare documentation necessary to support the laboratory's DoD ELAP accreditation. The quality manager will support laboratory instrument quality control functions, data reporting QC, LoD/LoQ verification, and preparing quarterly QC reports. This position will also assist with the onsite DoD ELAP assessments and addressing laboratory corrective actions.
- Maintain and improve instrumentation quality control functions; including control charts, instrument reporting verification, and associated instrument records tracking. Instrumentation will include alpha and gamma spectroscopy, gas flow proportional counters, ICP-MS, and HACH probe instruments.
- Assist technicians with instrument calibrations and quality control activities.
- Assemble and complete documents necessary for the laboratory's DoD ELAP accreditation.
- Take the leading role during the onsite DoD ELAP assessments for all laboratory quality system questions.
- Develop and post instrument QC limits using control charts, develop LCS limits, blank limits, incorporate into the LIMS, and verify LoD/LoQ meet DoD QSM requirements.
- Prepare the laboratory's quarterly QC report that will detail all laboratory quality assurance and control activities completed during the previous quarter.
- Oversee the laboratory's annual internal audit program and compile results into a comprehensive report.
- Complete data package secondary reviews and to identify and correct mistakes and inconsistencies utilizing Mirion's APEX, Agilent's MassHunter, and LIMS software.
- Assist with laboratory procedure revisions, primarily changing quality requirements dictated by the DoD Quality Systems Manual.
- Maintain Demonstration of Capability documents for the laboratory.
- BS degree in physics, chemistry, or related sciences degree and 3 years experience working in a laboratory environment, with two years supporting environmental remediation.
- Experience with DoD ELAP accreditation (ISO/IEC 17025) and familiar with the DoD Quality Systems Manual requirements.
- Basic statistics background for development and implementation of instrument quality control requirements.
- Prior experience with Mirion's APEX gamma, APEX alpha and APEX gross alpha/beta, and Agilent's MassHunter programs preferred.
- Prior experience with LIMS software preferred.
- Prior experience with laboratory quality control activities, primarily related to DoD ELAP accreditation.
- OSHA 40-hr Hazwoper and Radworker II training
Position Specific Physical Requirements: Must pass a blood beryllium lymphocyte proliferation test (BeLPT) prior to start
Training Requirements: OSHA 40-hr Hazwoper, Radworker II, and Beryllium worker training required prior to start
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE.Pay Range: