Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
What You'll Be Doing:
The Bank of New York Mellon is seeking a Business Analyst to join the Enterprise Resiliency Office (ERO). The ERO drives the firm's operational resiliency strategy and coordinates enterprise-wide efforts across incident & crisis management, business continuity and disaster recovery testing. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging across Business, Operations, Technology and Cybersecurity in developing and enhancing monitoring capabilities.
The Product supports the Incident Management process by providing executive management with point-in-time impact quantification and proactive anomaly detection based on historic data trends.
- Physical Wellbeing - Our holistic approach to wellbeing encourages healthy habits throughout the year from telemedicine and onsite health centers to fitness discounts, health coaching and biometric screenings. We've got the tools you need to stay strong and happy
- Emotional Wellbeing - BNY Mellon understands that your mental health is just as important as your physical health, which is why we offer a variety of options to support you such as stress management, digital self-care tools and remote psychological consultations.
- Financial Wellbeing -Your financial wellbeing is vital to your overall health and prosperity. To ensure you feel your financial best, we provide you with financial education seminars and webinars, digital planning tools and personalized financial counselling. We offer a competitive 401k matching program as well.
- Social Wellbeing- Our employees' lives outside of work matter as much as the work itself. We offer competitive vacation packages and sponsor a wide variety of social support benefits including flexible work arrangements, maternity and paternity programs, adoption support services and onsite nursing rooms.
- Analyzes key pieces of data to tell strategic stories to key stakeholders
- Ability to assist the Product Owner in designing dashboards/alerts by understanding key business process flow(s) and using historical incidents to validate the 'value-add' benefits with stakeholders
- Leads detailed requirement-gathering sessions with Subject Matter Experts
- Presents workstream progress updates at monthly steering meetings to executive leaders and steering committee members
- Understands data dependencies in order to prioritize related backlog stories for development
- Coordinates testing release cycles with development team and UAT testers, including evidence documentation and sign-off
- Collaborate with ERO colleagues, BNY Mellon businesses, Operations, Technology and leaders in other groups/functions to develop materials for ERO and its stakeholders that support the firm's operational resiliency initiatives
- Manage/support resiliency-related strategic projects and enhancements and work with second and third lines of defense to address reviews and observations
- Craft/review documents and communications related to operational resiliency requirements, initiatives and developments for internal (e.g. policies, procedures) and external (e.g. regulatory updates) audiences
- Work with ERO colleagues to provide ad hoc support for incident and crisis management, business continuity and disaster recovery teams
- Support the ERO's maintenance of resiliency reporting and ongoing enhancements
- Assists the assigned function with the assessment of and monitoring and reporting on key indicators of business continuity and recovery preparedness
- Provides ad-hoc additional support to senior management to make data-driven decisions by having an in-depth understanding of metrics available for incident impact analysis, including client and value impact
- Supports the business line managers via the cross-company Business Recovery Coordinator network to ensure the company is meeting both client and regulatory requirements related to Business Continuity which includes providing training and awareness on required deliverables as well as tracking and monitoring for completion
- With minimal guidance, assists the assigned function with the identification of risks to functional resilience and completion of test recoveries and relocations as required by all applicable regulatory and legal entities
- Helps the function to develop projects and programs to improve compliance
- May attend meetings and continue to build relationships with existing clients.
No direct reports. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
Who We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 8-10 years of total work experience.
- Experience working in the financial services industry, preferably for or with a large financial services firm strongly preferred
- Great written communication skills (in English) in both narrative and abbreviated formats (e.g. bullet points or PowerPoint) with excellent attention to detail
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
- Great business and/or data analysis skills and experience
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience of driving the product development lifecycle, from concept and client needs definition through to execution and benefit realization
- Proven experience managing data-driven product(s) and releasing new products or features to the market
- Experience with management information reporting / proficiency in using Excel, JIRA/confluence
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.