What we need:
We are seeking a Full Stack Engineer, Associate level for the NetX360 web team that develops and implements web-based technical solutions for NetX360.com. The team supports the development and enhancements to the portal application and different accounts-based features Pershing clients access through the portal.
Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
About the Project and Role:
Working within various modern languages, frameworks and tools, the successful candidate will frequently work performing in the following areas:
- Design, develop and implement technical solutions for Pershing's next generation NetX360 web portal.
- Implements well-designed, testable, and efficient programs that meets the business requirements.
- Understands and follows the Software Development Life Cycle guidelines.
- Documents the design, implementation, installation and operating procedures.
- Provide production support that involves troubleshooting and resolving high-priority customer incidents and implementing application fixes to incidents.
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements to existing application features.
- Work closely in a small team and build the next generation of products leveraging web technologies and frameworks.
- Work in an onshore and offshore extended team development model.
- Work in an Agile development model and deliver projects within the committed timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 0-3 years of experience in software development required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Java, J2EE, Spring, REST, AJAX.
- Strong understanding of browser-based web applications and browser, client-side frameworks.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, JDBC.
- Experience working with a source code control system and automated test tools.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the following tools: Git, JIRA, Maven, SonarQube, Junit, IDE.
- Agile, Scrum development methodology and familiarity with DevOps tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of Web security principles and guidelines.
- Experience with the following: Microservices, Cloud infrastructure.
- Material Design.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.