Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Business Technology Liaison -
- Analyses and defines business requirements and functional or operational specifications for small to moderate sized projects of limited complexity. Interfaces with all areas of IT on behalf of the business to resolve IT matters and improve business processes. Uses knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams.
- Business Planning and Analysis - Conducts analyses and reporting in support of general business operations, special projects/initiatives and/or strategic/operational planning activities.
- May serve as a project lead, enlisting support from more junior staff or peers.
- Contribute to development of new processes or procedures for required analytics.
- Applies processes to gather, organize and review operational data/metrics.
- Analyzes and synthesizes the data. Compiles data into reports or presentations.
- Communicates effectively with technical and business staff.
- Develops and delivers both informational and decision-seeking reports, analyses and/or presentations.
- Communications to stays abreast of organization and function operations and is familiar with company practices relevant to metrics, performance indicators, reporting protocols, etc.
- Participates on project teams or may lead projects/initiatives for the function or business unit.
- Serves as a resource to more junior staff.
- No direct reports.
- May provide guidance to less experienced staff or project leadership on a limited basis.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple team objectives.
Gathers information and provides analysis of business issues or client feedback for a specific function or application. Trains users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems that are more straightforward in nature.
Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems. Tasks include case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of total work experience is preferred.
- Experience in an operational area, business analysis or finance role is preferred.
- Advanced level MS Office and MS Excel experience is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.